iPhone 8 is the fastest phone, but is the new Apple Watch really that bad?

Reviews are in for the Apple Watch Series 3 and iPhone 8 and 8Plus. Apple boasts the fastest phone on Planet Earth but leaves out gigabit LTE, and IKEA’s new …

29 thoughts on “iPhone 8 is the fastest phone, but is the new Apple Watch really that bad?

• September 21, 2017 at 10:43 pm

This is why I don't take benchmarks as an indicator of how good a phone is overall. iOS is optimized to just run 1 app efficiently, while background apps are suspended. At the core, Android has supported multiple levels of systems like live widgets, dynamic notifications, and true multitasking. A good example of this is using an IRC client on iOS versus Android. If you push an IRC client far into the background of iOS, it will suspend any incoming chat messages until you switch back to it. While IRC on Android always stays active in the background, so it will continue to receive all messages, even when the IRC app isn't the active app.

iOS does have multitasking, but only when you specifically enable it, and not all apps support it natively. While Android, at its core, has had true multitasking.

I would take those Android functions over the synthetic perceived speediness of benchmarks.

• September 21, 2017 at 10:43 pm

The reason apple's geekbench scores are high is because IOS is optimized to run on iPhones and only iPhones. Note 8 running andriod with a skin on + a million features is not optimizing it. If Samsung creates its OS completely from scratch then those 6gbs of ram will crush, burn then bury the iphone

• September 21, 2017 at 10:43 pm

Hey mr tong my Apple Watch 1 screen just pop up … that a bad 🍎. But I am getting the new on Friday but I need to get this fix I’m not under warranty

• September 21, 2017 at 10:43 pm

Tbh, I wouldn’t want to see myself be that guy who holding an iPhone in hand, wearing an Apple Watch on wrist and wearing an AirPod at the same time. That’s a dumb look

• September 21, 2017 at 10:43 pm

Iphone 8 is doing shit in sales and now iphone x is facing production problems, this is not their year. Neither was the years after steve died. Rip steve jobs and apple.

• September 21, 2017 at 10:43 pm

The LTE feature was the only new feature on the Apple watch 3 yet it doesn't fully function…