32 thoughts on “Microsoft admits Windows Phone is dead

• October 9, 2017 at 6:11 pm

I have used WP for 2.5 years after using Android for 5 years. Since 6 months I am using Samsung A7. I must say that nothing can compete Nokia 1520 in performance and AI (Cortana). Simply excellent. I regret that day when I it got broken. Things which latest Android are using were actually present in 3 years old WP like glance screen, high MP cameras, AI integration (Android still far behind) etc.

• October 9, 2017 at 6:11 pm

I appreciate the story, but there is something inaccurate right before the signoff. Windows HoloLens does not run Windows 10 Mobile. It runs Windows Mixed Reality, which is still very much alive.

• October 9, 2017 at 6:11 pm

maybe when a full desktop os like windows 10 can be handled by hardware we will see windows again.

• October 9, 2017 at 6:11 pm

Window was better than Android but it has huge limitation like she said no app!!!!also it was not a perfect timing. Microsoft was late in this business

• October 9, 2017 at 6:11 pm

iOS and Android are good enough. Windows is fine but doesn’t offer anything iOS and Android doesn’t already offer its users.

• October 9, 2017 at 6:11 pm

wow this is a huge blow for Microsoft. I don't care about the windows phone at all, but Windows 10 Desktop OS will be affected by this. Metro UI apps will die or at least slow down considerably in popularity, Touch-based interfaces updates will also come out slower etc(RIP my Windows tablet, 1 year and it can still barely do simple stuff like selecting text for copy/paste)…its like Microsoft cant do anything right except making an operating system that only does simple file browsing(folder, copy paste etc) or lightweight for gaming.

• October 9, 2017 at 6:11 pm

Microsoft will be the next IBM….Once a juggernaut of the tech world but slowly drowning in their own pride and failing to truly innovate. Change is inevitable in the tech industry and windows mobile is the tip of the iceberg. Just a thought!

• October 9, 2017 at 6:11 pm

Microsoft bought so many thousands of PATENTS on the last two decades but still can't do any thing that could last as long as Windows desktop (and for notebooks) and the Office package service.