Oculus Go is an all-new standalone VR headset (CNET News)

Read the CNET News article here – http://cnet.co/2yd9mza Mark Zuckerberg reveals the Oculus Go, a new untethered wireless VR headset. It will cost $199 and …

25 thoughts on “Oculus Go is an all-new standalone VR headset (CNET News)

• October 11, 2017 at 11:01 pm

All these enthusiastic cheers but practically nobody will buy it

• October 11, 2017 at 11:01 pm

AR is just a hype train that never took off. Im just waiting for a portable HTC Vive.

• October 11, 2017 at 11:01 pm

If I saw this dude on the street I would have no idea he’s a billionaire.

• October 11, 2017 at 11:01 pm

That device is going to overheat and shut off after 15 minutes.

• October 11, 2017 at 11:01 pm

Im curious on its spec sheet. mainly its OS of chose (assuming Android since Gear VR is android, but will see) & its chose on lens and screen res. . I have an Chinesse All-in-one VR headset, works great (not 4k, as i can easily see the pixels. If Oculus Go turns out great, i'll use it as my new AIO VR headset. (or even better tinker with it to have a camera for MVR too, like the Microsoft headset, but a hell alot cheaper)

• October 11, 2017 at 11:01 pm

The man who made the world unsociable in Real Life is making products to be more unsociable in Real Life lol

• October 11, 2017 at 11:01 pm

It'd be awesome if the companies would now work on minimizing the headset. I feel like as long as it's a big bulky thing on your face it's going to stay something that's really only there for serious gamers or curious people with money to throw around to use it for a few weeks and never pick it up again. I love the concept of VR, it's actually a driving force that initially made me switch from the iPhone 6 to the Note 7 back when it was released. I really hope one day it's just a pair of glasses you slip on or something, although I can understand the challenges of fitting what you would need, cutting the peripheral views correctly, etc. into that smaller glasses-like physical device. I feel like the majority of people will stick to augmented reality until this issue is solved somehow, just because that can be more or less done with what they already have looking forward to smart phone updates and software releases as well as apps that create additional functionality in that world. I really do hope they continue expansion however because I love what it stands for and the potential value it can offer the world.