24 thoughts on “Why you should get the Google Pixel 2 XL (CNET Top 5)

• October 6, 2017 at 1:45 am

Design ? really ?? I'm sorry but the designs are awful and very bland. And that free cloud storage is good as long as you have a wifi connection or data connection but sometimes we don't. And of course we HAVE to trust google with our all personal photos and videos. Camera also they put so much hype in too it and yet failed to give us any special added features like wide angle or optical zoom. That software portrait mode is yet to be tested and I highly doubt it's accuracy with other dual camera phones.

• October 6, 2017 at 1:45 am

Can anyone tell google to make it available in the Philippines? Tired of Samsung's delayed software updates and never a fan of iPhone.

• October 6, 2017 at 1:45 am

Not enough change to justify the price. With that price I'll need wireless charge and a better design. I'll hold on till next year and see what they do or ill go with the V30. Most people need a decent camera not a killer camera.

• October 6, 2017 at 1:45 am

😂😂😂😂 No headphone jack… really Google!!! And who designed these phones Toys R Us. 💯

• October 6, 2017 at 1:45 am

Like it or not stock android would be better in the long run

• October 6, 2017 at 1:45 am

Still not marketing at Asia? Okay wait for China come out with some smartphones that can compete with and then you start to find your way to take a part of market at Asia! too slow! Pixel is making the same mistake as iPhone!

• October 6, 2017 at 1:45 am

They give free cloud storage so that they can collect your infos and use it against you. They would give your infos to law enforcement.

• October 6, 2017 at 1:45 am

I've watch most of the first look and intial videos on the Pixel 2. And I'm going to wait for the full reviews before making a buying decision. The Pixel 2 XL has some nice features, so,me of which I'm warming to, I'm not going near the Pixel 2 though. If I do decide to go Pixel I will probably get my wife the 2. She doesn't like big phones. She currently has a Moto X 2nd ed.

One thing that has bothered from the start is the lack of a headphone jack. In fact the whole audio experience available on the V30 is keeping it in the race. I just read an article in The Verge on why losing the jack could be bad for consumers. In short headphones using the jack are one of the most ubiquitous of all peripherals. They could be used across every type of platform. They just worked. Now, with the death of the jack, manufacturers are trying to boost their bluetooth connections by offering a custom overlay on the standard Bluetooth 5. If you want to take advantage of these "improvements" you have to have headphones that support them. This means more vertical marketing , pushing consumers further into one ecosystem system or another. For example Apple's W3 addition. You have to have headphones or earbuds that support it- Guess which ones do? Yep EarPods and Beats. Will Apple even license that tech to third party manufacturers – who knows. Just something to think about as the jack slowly dies.

• October 6, 2017 at 1:45 am

Design that look like an Iphone really? where? can't you just stop comparing it, just review without mentioning Iphone 😕

• October 6, 2017 at 1:45 am

Been using Pixel XL since an year and the unlimited storage is the only reason I got it.. getting close to around 500GB of personal photos videos all uploaded in the cloud and resides there for free.. That and the Stock android are the only reasons one would consider a pixel..

• October 6, 2017 at 1:45 am

not impressed with the look of the pixel phones great camera yeah still not better then my beastly note 8

• October 6, 2017 at 1:45 am

does it have a microSD card slot? Zoom Lens? free item for preordering? 6 gb ram? headphone jack? wireless charging? portrait mode in its FRONT camera too??? if u want those, add <200 dollar for a note 8…

• October 6, 2017 at 1:45 am

Best phone of 2017 Google Pixel 2 XL.
    Trust me
    Front facing speakers, AR Core, portrait mode on the front camera.7 hours of battery after 15mins of Charge. Anybody else caught that.

• October 6, 2017 at 1:45 am

This list is more like ‘top 5 features’ and not reason to buy.

Oh i bought my phone cos its water resistant. Doesn’t make sense.

• October 6, 2017 at 1:45 am

Almost every other phone has these features except 3. and 5.

Most of the reasons are lame. The phone is also lame.

• October 6, 2017 at 1:45 am

Now I'm confused. You have considered the camera both a pro and a con? I'm sure you have your own good reasons, but I think that makes the videos less clarifying.